Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 19 February 2014

“Vintage Dress Up Tri-Fold Card”


I was as asked by a friend to make a 50th Birthday card, and the brief was “Vintage Dress Forms”.
I went back to my favourite “Dress Up” Framelits and got to work.
The base of the card was “Blushing Bride” from the Subtles Collection.
The overlaid card was Naturals White, which has been embossed with the “Modern Mosaic” Embossing Folder, then sponged with Crumb Cake.




I love the vintage vibe of the “Twitterpated” Designer Paper Series, available on My Digital Studio download, so this DSP, along with the “Tea for Two” DSP was used on the dress forms and on the tea cup.

The embellishments really finished the card off, what with the Pearls (Pearl Basic Jewels) for the necklaces and the Antique Brad and the Flower Trim (R) + the Candy Dots Brights in “Old Olive”.




 The wording on the front of the card seemed very appropriate “carbs, schmarbs! {eat the cake}” from the Yippee-Skippee!” stamp set.


And on the inside of the card “I think you are amazing Just wanna let you know” from the “Lovely Romance” stamp set.
I used my Stampin’ Makers in Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, and Old Olive to colour in the words.


For a vintage and muted tone, Stampin’ Up! Ink pads used are Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive.

The jacket on the second dress is made from a paint sample card/chip from our local DIY shop.
Whenever I go in there I grab a whole swag of colours and use them for all sorts of exciting projects!





This card was case’d and adapted from a card I made in class taken by Jacque Williams a couple of years ago, but I changed it up a tad, and added and the panel with the tea cup and tea bag – yes that is a real tea bag and it is Peppermint, so gives the card an extra special aroma!



The "Finishing Touches Edgelits" finished off the bottom of this last page on my "Vintage Dress Up Tri-Fold Card"!

I am sure Tanya and her friend will be super delighted with this unique handmade card!
“Tea For Two” Designer Paper Series, My Digital Studio download
“Twitterpated” Designer Paper Series, My Digital Studio download
"Dress Up" Framelits

 “Lovely Romance”

“Tea Shoppe” (MDS Download)

“That’s The Ticket”

 Yippee-Skippee!”

Recipe Ingredient List

Stamp Sets: “Lovely Romance”, “Tea Shoppe” (MDS Download), “That’s The Ticket”, and “Yippee-Skippee!”
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive, with Stampin’ Makers in Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, and Old Olive
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Naturals White, “Twitterpated” and “Tea For Two” Designer Paper Series, both available on My Digital Studio download
Punches: Mosaic, Round Tab Whole, Ticket Duo Builder
Framelits/Dies: Dress Up Framelits, Chalk Talk Framelits, Finishing Touches Edgelits
Xtras: Antique Brads, Artichoke Denim Ribbon (R), Candy Dots, Flower Trim (R), Pearl Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals, and a Tea Bag


Special Tools: Big Shot, Stampin’ Scrub and Stampin’ Cleaner, Stampin’ Trimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets