Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday 3 February 2014

Summer BBQ/Cook Out

On Saturday, we hosted our very first “Summer BBQ/Cook Out”!

 
Although we have lived in our home for 12 years now, this was the first time we had had guests over for a BBQ, other than immediate family.
The guest list was small, just two couples and their children, but we had great fun in planning the occasion.
I really wanted the atmosphere to be relaxing, so after hubby had mown the lawns, Wayne and Reilly lifted the 3-Seater couch from the lounge and wicker furniture set {from our bedroom} outside onto the grass.
We also had 2 sets of matching outdoor wicker furniture, each seating 4, with glass topped tables, and we popped the sun umbrella up between the tables.
 





 
 
 
As a centre piece on the tables, I used a lovely floral arrangement in shades of pinks.

 
I came across these gorgeous bottles from The Warehouse for only $2 each.
I purchased 3 of the plain bottles for chilled water, and I just love the one with Lemons on the front, which I had to fill with my "Homemade Lemnade", which I have tweaked the recipe to ...
 

Kathe's "Homemade Lemnade"
Zest of 3 Lemons
Juice of 8 Lemons
3 cups of Water
2 and 2/3 cups of Sugar
1 teaspoon Citric Acid
1 teaspoon Tartaric Acid
1/4 teaspoon Epsom Salts

After juicing the Lemons, I then strained the juice to get rid of any stray seeds etc.
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to the boil and then simmer for 1 minute.
Leave to cool before bottling.
This recipe is very strong, so you only need to add a fraction of syrup to a glass {approx. 1cm in depth} before topping with carbonated water i.e. Soda Stream {but without the flavour added} .
An xtra cool and refreshing drink, which any spirit can be added to, Vodka, Tequila, Gin ... yum!!!



As is the Kiwi custom, each family bought a salad and some meat for the BBQ.
We had a yummy selection, including chicken kebabs, and the crumbed sausages went down a treat!


 
The salads were xtra healthy, and the favourite one was mine {or course}, which was Pam’s “Sweet Mango Mesclun Salad”, my secret is that I purchase it pre-prepared and ready to serve, it even comes with the dressing!

My Summer Look ...
 
 
I painted my nails the night before in shades from OPI:
OPI “Italian Love Affair” from the OPI Italian Collection, a very light cotton candy pink with iridescent shimmer
OPI “Wonderous Starfrom the OPI Mariah Carey Holiday Collection, this gold-flecked shimmer has heavenly shine.
OPI “Which Is Witch?” from the OPI Disneys Oz The Great and Powerful Collection, Is this silver glitter with iridescent sparkle or the other way around?
 

 
When I first came out dressed in my gorgeous floral sundress, and my husband, {and I am not kidding you} said ‘You’re wearing that to this?!!!”
To say I was heartbroken was an understatement, so off to the bedroom I went, and changed into this casually Summery Clarity Tunic, matched back with nude wedges by Pulp.



I had just finished making my latest piece of jewellery {from my JorjaRose Jewellery Collection}, so wore this cute necklace and matching earrings, which  matched back perfectly with my nails and the Clarity Tunic, so I felt a tad glam after all!!

We had a fantastic evening, and I can’t wait till we do it all over again!
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets