Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday 16 February 2014

“Card In A Box - Flowers”


After seeing numerous versions of the gorgeous “Card In A Box” card, I had to give it a go!
I found a really informative tutorial by Tina Weller aka "The Serene Stamper" on Pinterest. 
Tutorial by Tina Weller aka "The Serene Stamper"

Once assembled, the box is then designed to lay flat to allow for posting.

For the colour theme, I decided on two gorgeous colours Melon Mambo and Calypso Coral, with hints of buttery Daffodil Delight.

  

On Tina’s Tutorial, she used 2 strips across the middle of the box to adhere the flowers to, but I used 3 strips {or beams}.

 

Not to confuse you further … instead of using strips of cardstock to adhere the flowers to, I chose to use thick clear plastic, re-purposed from the packaging on ink cartridges.
As you can see from the undercarriage of the box, I adhered the plastic strips to the cardboard “beams”, once adhered; I then cut off the excess plastic.


 
 
The flowers are stamped from the “Flower Shop” stamp set, and layered between Dimensionals.
For the centre of the flowers, I stamped in Daffodil Delight a small stamp from the “Hello, Lovely” stamp set, onto Daffodil Delight cardstock, punched from the “Boho Blossom” Punch.

On the reverse side of the box, I stamped the words “You can never have too much happy” from the “Yippee-Skippee!” stamp set, with Melon Mambo and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Markers.
As the box can be folded flat, the back panel leaves room for a special message for the lucky recipient.

 

For the birds, I punched one complete bird from the “Bird Builder” punch, and then punched a second wing, that sat behind the bird, to make it look as though they were flying.

 

This card was a great way of using up scraps, as you can see from the list or papers I used!

I really enjoyed making my first “Card In A Box”, and am making another version tomorrow, so watch this space …

“Epic Day This and That” DSP
“Soho Subway” DSP
“Tea For Two” DSP, also available on My Digital Studio

“Flower Shop”

“Chalk Talk”
“Hello, Lovely”
Yippee-Skippee!”



 "Beautiful Wings" Embosslits

Recipe Ingredient List

Stamp Sets: “Chalk Talk”, “Flower Shop”, “Hello, Lovely”, “Yippee-Skippee!”
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, and Daffodil Delight, with Melon Mambo and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Markers.
Cardstock: Naturals White, Old Olive, “Epic Day This and That” DSP, “Soho Subway” DSP, “Tea For Two” DSP, also available on My Digital Studio
Punches: Bird Builder, Boho Blossom, Corner, Pansy
Framelits/Dies: Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Chalk Talk Framelits,
Xtras: Black Rhinestones for the bird eyes, recycled plastic packaging, Stampin’ Dimensionals

Special Tools: Big Shot, Stampin’ Scrub and Stampin’ Cleaner, Stampin’ Trimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets